Do you have a trip planned for your children’s upcoming Fall Break from school? Do you have airline tickets bought for a holiday family get together? As families across America approach the upcoming holidays, it is increasingly likely that many of them will be taking trips. And while many Americans may drive to their fall break and winter holiday destinations, a large number will also fly. From the details of remembering to bring an airplane plug adapter to packing your favorite swimsuits for a beach vacation, flying for a vacation requires a certain amount of planning and organization.
In a time when many people want to travel to and from far destinations, it should come as no surprise that airlines are paying more attention to inflight entertainment systems and installing airplane plug adapters so that the flying public is more comfortable and satisfied. As individuals continue to be more and more concerned about staying connected, even when they are flying, an increasing number of airlines want to make sure that the provide in seat power sources. As a result, in seat USB power manufacturers provide a wide variety of options.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the aircraft interior products that are appearing in more and more airplanes and the interests of the consumers who enjoy them:
- 25% of respondents would choose one airline over another if it offered WiFi, according to TripAdvisor’s 2013 Air Travel Survey.
- 37% of travelers consider an iPad or tablet a carry-on essential, according to TripAdvisor’s 2013 Air Travel Survey. This is a percentage that represents a 5% increase from the year 2012.
- Emirates was considered to have the best in-flight entertainment, with a score of 4.48 out of five, according to worldwide eDreams reviews from the year 2014.
- More than 8 million people fly every single day.
- Surpassing the 3 billion mark for the first time ever, 3.1 billion total passengers flew in the year 2013.
- $644.9 billion is the amount of direct spending on leisure travel that domestic and international travelers reached in the year 2014.
Whether you have a flight planned for this weekend or not until the winter holidays, if your travel involves flying, make sure that you take the time to be both organized and prepared.